IT Quality Assurance Manager
About the job
IT QA Manager responsible for developing and documenting test strategy, coordinating the planning and execution of testing, and working with technical and non-technical team resources across all company departments to ensure high-quality delivery of IT projects. This role will work closely with our development teams to ensure that systems built and maintained meet expectations and to make sure we have a balanced approach to automation and manual testing.
- Participate in project design reviews, backlog refinement, etc. to provide input on testability of functional requirements, project designs, and estimating/planning.
- Provide guidance for an automation framework and testing standards and to drive consistent automated testing practices.
- Provide mentoring and development of QA Engineers.
- Facilitate the setting of both short term and long term goals of the Quality Department and ensure accountability for achieving results.
- Provide input to IT management on industry best practices for maintaining quality for all products and services.
- Provide guidance for sustained quality system programs with a continuing focus upon improvement.
- Design and build advanced automated testing frameworks where needed.
- Work with Business Analysts/Project Managers to ensure work delivered by the development teams satisfy business needs.
- Validate, document, and assess impact and root cause of reported bugs.
Testing Planning and Preparation
- Defines and implements prioritization framework for tests, defects, and improvements identified as part of development and testing cycles
- Defines metrics and reporting that provide visibility, trace-ability, and control of testing process to deliver high-quality software
- Analyses business requirements to determine necessary testing and negotiates acceptance criteria on behalf of the business
- Leads effort to review requirements specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies and plans
- Leads formal reviews of test plans and test cases with cross-functional teams
- Ensures testing is completed within established time and validates user requirements and needs of the business
- Reports quality of features and capabilities by tracing testing results to requirements
- Participates in prioritization and categorization of issues and defects
- Manages requirements issues or gaps arising during testing
- Coordinates with compliance teams to provide post-implementation regulatory documentation
- Provides input to training and other teams creating user facing documentation
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6+ years related experience and/or training within quality function.
- 3+ years experience with Automation testing.
- Experience with transitioning to a balanced approach of both automated and manual testing procedures.
- Deep understanding of software testing methodologies and techniques.
- Proficient communicator utilizing all methods of communication including written, verbal, presentation, etc.
- Experience with Selenium and python a plus.
- Experience with TFS a plus.
- Experience in Network Marketing industry a plus.